I can contribute my experience and education in adult training, instructional design, and project management to assist in designing and implementing training strategies, learning programs, and organizational development.
I have led in the design and development of over one-hundred training courses, aimed at creating engaging and lasting eLearning experiences.
Sometimes a quick and easy explanation is necessary to help your audience clearly understand your products and ideas. I've developed dozens of explainer videos by pairing animations and voice-over talent with engaging stories.
I believe in defining the processes and activities of planning, organizing, motivating, and controlling resources to achieve specific goals.
2930 N. Sheridan Rd. #1401 Chicago, Illinois USA
• Developed a nine-part series eLearning module including voice-over and infographic-style elements using the latest Articulate 360 software.
• Implemented Cornerstone on Demand for over 6,000 users and helped with branding the portal to the iHeartMedia Learning Center.
• Developed New Hire Curriculum which includes over 80 learning objects and assigned the plan to all iHeartMedia new hire employees.
• Developed two hour-long interactive training modules used to instruct healthcare providers on how to assess breast and ovarian cancer risk.
• Modules included dynamic charts, animated videos, and advanced quiz functionality.
• Developed eleven eLearning modules for new Uber Eats delivery application.
• Worked with multiple stakeholders to ensure modules matched branding and contained key support information.
• Converted over 4 hours of training material to online SCORM coursework for internal LMS.
• Created over 40 “Try It Now” scenarios to promote engaging scenario-based learning.
• Developed “Game Center” for 8 highly interactive gamification based eLearning courses.
• Rebranded Mojo Network’s content and created several courses which included over 500 screens of material.
• Worked closely with system engineers to create real-world training simulations.
• Developed over 5 hours of training content in multiple languages including English, Portuguese, French and German.
• Designed custom Equinix-themed template to aid in the rapid development of all learning objects.
• Developed twelve training modules to train support staff on partner and rider issues.
• Created explainer video to help market Uber Rush.
• Developed 100-page employee reference manual for use in over 7,000 locations.
• Worked with an internal team of SME’s to design, develop and deliver learning tools.
• Developed over 6 hours of eLearning and made accessible to members from their tablet, smartphone, or computer.
• Hired and managed multiple contractors (e.g., voice actors and video editors) to develop all courses within budget.
Emphasis in eLearning for adult learners.
Tom was wonderful to work with. Even on a very challenging project, he was able to provide good solutions and help problem solve to create a remarkable e-learning product.
What Tom was able to create fit our direction superbly. His understanding of coding principals allowed us to mix and match approaches to serve the different needs, all while maintaining our same tools. His portfolio should speak to the caliber of work by itself, but know that with his talents come a very personable, capable and innovative developer. Highly recommended!
Tom provided his unique skill set and the additional resources needed to get this certification training delivered ahead of schedule. Tom responded to all emails, calls, and requests for edits quickly and professionally. This was awesome given that some of these requests came during weekends or random times because of working with teams in different time zones.
Tom Washam is an excellent instructional designer. I have been on several teams with Tom, and he is able to always meet the client’s needs on time while creating stimulating instruction. I really enjoy working with Tom, he is very knowledgeable.
Click the button below to download a pdf of my CV.
You can view my LinkedIn profile by clicking the button below.